Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Paper Smooches Get Well Soon


I took advantage of the AMAZING birthday sale Kim at Paper Smooches had earlier this month.  One of the sets I picked up was this Well Wishes set.  I love this big sentiment which is perfect for coloring.  I ended up creating essentially the same card, but using two different coloring media - markers and pencils.

First up, Copic markers:


The sentiment was stamped with GinaK Black Amalgam Ink.  I used three different shades of color for each of the letters.  It's hard to see in the photos, but to finish things off, I went around each of the letters with a very light gray (C0). 


Next up colored pencils on kraft.

For this card, I stamped the image with Versafine on kraft cardstock, and then colored the letters in with Prismacolor pencils, using three shades of color for each letter, just like with the Copics.  


Once I was done coloring, I placed my panel back in the MISTI, where I had left the image in place, and stamped again with Versafine.  This covers up any areas where I might have strayed a bit with my pencils and sharpens everything up.  You can stop there, but I then embossed with Ranger Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder.  It gives the image a matte, but slightly raised texture.

The panel was trimmed down and layered on a white scalloped mat created using Neat & Tangled's Scalloped dies.  

I really love the size of this sentiment/image and that it is kind of a one and done image.  It is super cute and easy to color.  Would love to know which version is your favorite.

1 comment: