Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Spellbinders Flourished Fretwork Collection


Hey everyone!  I've got a couple cards today featuring some products from Spellbinders' Flourished Fretwork collection.  If you love intricate dies and inlay these will be right up your alley.  I wanted to show off two very different looks/techniques today.

First up, I used the Rosa Diamante set.  There are five dies in this set that layer to create a very intricate and detailed look, but for my card, I focused on the middle layer which creates a really lovely inlaid look.


I die cut both a piece of white cardstock as well as a subtle gray print.  The white piece was my base layer into which I inlaid the patterned paper pieces.  Before I adhered the pieces, I used Copics to color the flower and leave pieces as well as some of the accents at the ends of the pattern.  

I love that the pattern is still subtly visible even when you color the pieces.


The sentiment is from Neat & Tangled's Thanks So Much set.

I added a light gray mat that adds a border on either end of my panel and then popped the whole thing up with foam tape.

This second card features the Sentimental Finery set.  This set has four layering dies, and again, I'm featuring just one, the third layer.  This layer creates a framed center portion into which the fourth die sits.  The technique I'm sharing allows you to stretch your dies to create unique patterns by highlighting specific portions of your dies.


I really loved the outside portions of this die.  I think it's got a wonderful graphic, deco feel.  I die cut a panel of black, dark gray, and a lighter gray cardstock.  Then I trimmed down the black negative cut piece to use as template for placement.  

Using a Quickie Glue Pen, and my template, I adhered each of the pieces to a white card base, using black for the inside 'layer', then dark gray, then light gray.


This is not a quick process, but the results are so striking.  I thought that the finished look was quite masculine, it almost reminds me of a car grille or motorcycle emblem.  The sentiment is from an older MFT stamp set.

That's all for me today, but be sure to check out the rest of this collection over at Spellbinders.  There are some great dies sets in the collection.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What GORGEOUS cards!! I LOVE the graphic feeling of these cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miriam!!! I know, super late to the party : ) but I wanted to let you know how much I love these cards, and how they're not what I expected from these dies. The subtle pattern is PERFECT on the first card, and holy smokes, the second card DOES look like a fancy car grille or something!! Very art deco, indeed.

    Cleaning out email tonight!

    ReplyDelete