Saturday, May 9, 2020

International Scrapbooking Day Layouts for Pinkfresh (1)

Last Saturday was International Scrapbooking Day.  I've been very focused on getting vacation scrapbooks completed, so I wasn't planning to play along with any challenges, but this weekend I couldn't resist.  I figured I would at least take a look at the pictures I had printed at home and see if any of them sparked inspiration.  I'm really glad that I did.  All of the pages I completed feature photos that are at least four years old, but they are great memories/moments that I want to remember.

This first one I'm submitting for the 3 or more photos challenge and the grid challenge.  It's documenting Ellie's Mites on Ice night.  Most of the NHL teams do this - they invite youth teams to come play a scrimmage between periods.  It's a ton of fun and so exciting for the kids.  


I used papers from the Escape the Ordinary collection.  It's a pretty basic grid style layout, but I added some extra interest by fussy cutting chevron shapes from one of the prints, adhering them above my title, and then adding some stitching.  


This next layout is for the Use a Patterned Paper Background and the Add a Title with Two Fonts challenges.  My college roommate has kids that are the age of my girls, and she lives 15 minutes from my little sister.  When we go up to visit my sister, we end up staying with Chrissy because my nieces are younger and go to bed pretty early.  This way we don't disturb their routine, and we get to hang with our buddies.


I chose a tone on tone pattern from the Boys Fort collection for the background.  The bold word strips were actually cut from another of the patterned papers in the collection.  The title was create with two different fonts as well as a couple pieces from the Boys Fort ephemera packet.  

The 'friends' piece was actually lighter and brighter, but stood out a little too much.  I blended some gray ink over it to give it a darker, duller shade, and popped it up with foam tape.  Finally, I added one of the cloth banner flags, another embellishment from the Boys Fort collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment