Thursday, May 28, 2020

SSS Crafty Hugs Release - Geo Leaves Stencil


Hi all!  There's a new release from Simon Says Stamp called Crafty Hugs that just hit the shop!  I was so excited to get this Geo Leaves stencil in the mail to take for a spin.  This stencil is very me, and I had a great time creating these cards to share.

For the first card, I used one of my favorite stencil techniques.  I adhered the stencil to my panel and then inked it with a few coordinating shades of Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire.


Once I was done, leaving the stencil in place, I traced around each of the openings using an extra fine Sharpie Marker.  I then removed the stencil, and randomly colored in some of the colors with the black Sharpie and others with a Gold Journaling pen.  To add some extra sparkle, I then went over each of the gold leaves with a Nuvo Midas Touch pen.


The sentiment is from the CZ Design Clean Line Faith stamp set, and I added a thin strip of gold cardstock to the bottom of the panel to finish things off.

This next card was very quick and easy to create.  I simply placed the stencil over a panel and spread Nuvo Plum Spinel Glimmer Paste over top.


Instead of using plain cardstock for my panel, I actually chose a piece of Pinkfresh patterned paper.  I love the extra texture and interest you get by using patterned paper.  Pinkfresh paper is especially think, so it's perfect for applying paste to.


Once the paste was dry, I trimmed the panel down, and then added a simple die cut sentiment (Simon Says Stamp Congrats die) which was adhered to a thin white banner that was popped up over my panel.

Be sure to check out the rest of the new release over at Simon!

2 comments: