Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Concord and 9th Darling Petals


I felt like doing some pure stamping, so I pulled out the Darling Petals Turnabout stamp set from Concord and 9th.  I just love turnabout stamp sets and how innovative they are.  This one is a little different in that for each turn you ink half of the turnabout (the leaves) with one color, and the other half (the flowers) with another ink.

For my first two cards I tried to pick very contrasting colors for my pairings, all inks used are Altenew inks.  


For this card I used Parrot and Just Green for the leaves, and Volcano Lake and Andromeda for the flowers.  

When my stamping was done, I wanted to add some emphasis to the solid dark images since the accents (leaf veins/flower centers) didn't show up as well because the darker color was so much darker.  There are some supplemental images in the set, including one for the flower centers.  These were stamped in the center of the dark Andromeda colored flowers and heat embossed in gold.

I also added accents in the leaves with a Zig embossing pen and embossed those in gold as well.


The sentiment, also from the set, was embossed in gold.  I also added some gold splatter to the card.

For the next card, I used Sweet Leaf and Hunter Green for the leaves and Pinkalicious and Midnight Violet for the flowers.


Similar to the last card, I added embossed accents to the darker flower centers and leaves, this time using WOW! Rainbow Black embossing powder.  I also added some dark gray mist.

That darling die cut is from the coordinating die set for this turnabout.  It was cut three times from black cardstock.  Those were layered together, and the entire piece was embossed with that Rainbow Black embossing powder.  


The Hello is from the set and was embossed on a thin strip of black cardstock and adhered to the stamped panel.  It then served as a 'floor' for placement of the darling die cut.

For this last card, I used only two colors of ink - Evening Gray and Lava Rock.  Instead of stamping each half separately, I inked the entire turnabout with one color, turned and inked the entire turnabout with the second color, and then repeated.

A happy accident, you'll see that some of the images have a bit of a pink tinge to them.  That's because I didn't do a great job cleaning off the turnabout after the prior stamping, but I love the extra interest it adds to the card.


Just like with the others, I added embossed detail to the center of the darker flowers, choosing WOW! Rose Glintz.  This didn't provide as much contrast as I wanted, so I reverted back to gold for the leaves, and also added some gold embossing to the centers of the flowers using my Zig embossing marker.


The panel was finished off with a bit of gold spray.  The sentiment is from Concord and 9th's Pretty Poppy set.

It was lots of fun to put these together.  I always love seeing what different looks/feels you can get using the same turnabout.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment