Thursday, June 11, 2020

MFT Best of Luck on Your New Adventure


I picked up some new Copics recently, and was wanting to try out some of those new colors, so I pulled out this sweet little traveling girl from MFT's Adventure is Calling set.

I colored her using B91, B34, B57, and B99 for her outfit, R22 and R24 for the flower, E97, E99, and E37 for the suitcase, E55, E23, and E57 for her hair, E000, E00, and E02 for the skin, C3, C5, and C7 for her shoes, and R20 for her rosy cheeks.  Once she was colored, I fussy cut her and set her aside.

For the background, I found this older piece of patterned paper from Studio Calico that I thought was perfect for the travel theme.  I wanted to add something to it, but I wanted to see as much of the print as possible, so I pulled out the City Scene stencil from Altenew, and inked the skyline over the patterned paper using Altenew Cloudy Sky ink.

I cut a strip of gray textured cardstock and added a bit of inking to the bottom with Altenew Pure Graphite ink, and then adhered that to the bottom of my panel.


The sentiment is also from this set and was stamped with Versafine.

Now I just need this pandemic to go away so I have an appropriate reason to send this card!

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! I love how you colored the sweet traveling girl, and this background is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete