Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Concord & 9th Joyful Tiles


I love Concord and 9th's turnabouts, and the fact that they have a stencil version of them is even more exciting to me.

Today's cards feature the Joyful Tiles bundle from C9.  Imagine my happy surprise when I opened it up and realized that it included not one, but two turnabout stencils!  (Not sure how I didn't realize that to begin with.)

Today I'm sharing a card created with each of those stencils (they can be used together to create a composite design, but I opted to use them separately).


First up the stencil that looks like puffy plus symbols.  I decided to create a Christmas card with this one (heads up, there will be a lot more Christmas cards on the blog this second half of the year as I try and get myself stocked up for Christmas card season).

I cut a panel of kraft cardstock the exact same size as the stencil (5 7/8"), which made it easy to just line up the stencil with the panel each time I turned it.  Once I was done with the inking, I trimmed it down for my card.

The stencil was inked with Altenew Ruby Red, Forest Glades, and Evergreen, and WPlus9 white pigment ink.


I stamped and embossed the 'joy' from the coordinating stamp set with Hero Arts Princess Gold embossing powder onto kraft and die cut it.

This was popped up over my panel, as was a the red strip with the secondary sentiment from an older Ellen Hutson stamp set that was also embossed in gold.


For the second stencil I decided to emboss each of the layers. I  applied Versamark with a sponge dauber and and embossed using WOW! Rose Glintz, and Hero Arts Princess Gold, Silver, and Liquid Platinum embossing powders.

The sentiment was stamped and embossed with Princess Gold as was the secondary sentiment, also from the Joyful Tiles stamp set.


To add a bit of texture to the card, I added some machine stitching at the top and bottom border.  The sentiment pieces were then die cut and adhered directly to the card.

Loving these stencils, I'm going to need to try them together next!

1 comment: