Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Spellbinders Sparkling Christmas Collection


Happy Tuesday!  Today I have a couple cards to share using items from Spellbinders just released Sparkling Christmas Collection.

My first card features the Festive Noel Etched Dies.


This die set comes with the background piece, the letters to spell noel, and also some smaller dies that coordinate with the foliage around the words, so you can cut out the snowflakes, branches, berries, etc.  

For my card, I went for a rustic but elegant look.  I started by cutting the background piece from watercolor paper, and then painted the foliage with watercolors taking care to leave the frame around the letters unpainted.  

I used Kuretake Gansai watercolors for the colored elements, and Hero Arts White Glimmer Metallic Ink for the snowflakes.  You can't really pick it up in the photos, but it adds a beautiful shine and texture to those snowflakes.  


For the letters, I painted some cardstock with Hero Arts Gold Glimmer Metallic Ink.  This stuff is SO pretty painted on, the photos really don't do it justice.  Once that was dry, I due cut the letters from it and adhered those to my background piece.  

The entire piece was adhered to some patterned paper which I had distressed the edges of to play up on that rustic look.  I also added some accents to the frame around the noel with a white gel pen.


My second card features the Radiant Snowflake Etched die.  I thought it would make the perfect substitute for the 'o' in noel.

I started by painted a panel of watercolor paper with an ombre pattern in blue using three shades of blue watercolor.

Once the panel was dry, using that same Hero Arts White Glimmer Metallic Ink, I added a layer of splatter/snowflakes.


The Radiant Snowflake Etched die was cut four times and adhered together to create a dimensional piece which I paired with the other letters from the Festive Noel Etched dies to create the sentiment.

The entire panel was then popped up with foam tape over my card base.

Super easy, but I love the look.

Be sure to head over to Spellbinders to check out the entire collection!  

No comments:

Post a Comment