Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Stamp Market Christmas Card


I looked at my current pile of Christmas cards the other day and decided I needed to make at least one this week, so I pulled out the Jumbo Plaid background and Dotted Tree die from The Stamp Market, and futzed around with them a bit.  (Futz is a very technical term, FYI.)

I started by stamping the background with Gina K Whisper Amalgam ink on some Rustic Cream cardstock.  I then stamped the background using Forest Glades ink from Altenew on a green die cut tree.

I needed something to ground my tree, so I took a strip of the Rustic Cream cardstock and free hand cut a snow drift.

Originally I was going to use a "where treetops glisten" sentiment, so I decided I needed some glistening.  I added some Nuvo clear drops to the edges of my tree and along my snowdrift, and then covered those with WOW chunky glitter.  

This is where I kind of got lost in the card and didn't quite know how to finish things off.  I knew I wanted a pop of red, but because I wanted the pattern of the tree to align with the patterned background, I didn't have much leeway to work with in terms of moving things around/placement.

I ended up using an old Sizzix/Tim Holtz sentiment die cut from adhesive red foam combined with a secondary sentiment.


Part of me feels like it could still use a little something, but I also really like how the pattern subtly shows through, so I ended up leaving it as is.

The good news is that I have another Christmas card for my stash, and I used glitter for the first time in about five years, so I won't have to do it again for another five.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card! I am making a group of my cards with this same tree too.... I have several designs in the works so I don't get sick of making the same card over and over! Love this big tree! I cut mine out of a patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, perfect amount of glitter. I like the CAS style and the red PEACE.

    ReplyDelete