Thursday, October 15, 2020

Friend Like You


Hi friends!  Today's card started out with this adorable little lamb called Wooley by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.  I originally had him stamped dead center on a panel, but then I decided I wanted to do something less boring.

So, I colored him in (white animals might just be my favorite thing to color) using Copics: N0, N1, N5, and R11 for his cheeks.  Then, to mimic partial die cutting, I cut my panel using my paper trimmer to either side of where his feet hit the ground line, using detail scissors to trim around him.  

The background was created using Paper Smooches Power Rays die.  I inked a piece of white cardstock with Scattered Straw and then Mustard Seed Distress Ink, and then die cut.  This was adhered to a piece of light blue cardstock that I inked with a bit of Faded Jeans and then Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.

I cut a piece of dark blue cardstock and adhered it over the bottom of the faux partially die cut/stamped image, and added a sentiment from a retired My Favorite Things set.  This was then popped up over the Power Rays die cut piece.


To finish things off, I added a little red die cut heart, also from Paper Smooches.

It's always kind of ufn to see where creating takes you when, and I love being able to mix and match old and new products.

Hope you are having a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment