Wednesday, October 7, 2020

PTI/Ink to Paper WCMD Color Challenge

The Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper World Cardmaking Day Color challenge caught my eye because I thought it was perfect for a Christmas card.  It's October, so I'm starting to think I really need to pick up the pace with the Christmas cards and this was good motivation for getting one done.

I pulled out some older PTI products including the Warmest Wishes stamps and dies (these have been retired), and the Mix and Mat Snowflakes dies.

I used the outer and inner dies from the Mix and Mat set to create the snowflake panel.  To the back of that, I added a piece of medium blue cardstock that was inked around the edges with Faded Jeans and then Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  

I used a darker blue for the card base, but wanted a bit of texture on it, so I stamped the snowflakes from the Warmest Wishes set along the edges using Versamark.

The mountains and bear/sweater were stamped and die cut and colored with Copics.  For the mountains and the bear, I just added a line of coloring along all the stamped lines using either N0, N1, or N3.  For example, I used N0 for the mountain tops, N1, for the mountains themselves, and N3 for the areas where the mountains overlapped.  For the bear's sweater I used RV34, RV66, and RV69 as well as those same neutral grays.

The mountains were adhered directly to the card base and I popped the bear and sentiment up with foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment