Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Concord and 9th Faceted Turnabout Stencil


This Faceted Turnabout stencil has been sitting in my to be used pile for a while, and I finally pulled it out to give it a whirl.  

I've been creating a lot of fall and Christmas cards lately, so I thought I would go with a very different color palette today.  I went with Mountain Mist, Sea Glass, Sweet Leaf, and Sea Breeze inks from Altenew (although in the top right corner the Mountain Mist looks a little more gray because I must have had some darker ink on my blending brush, oops).

The turnabout stencil is so easy to use, and I love the look you get from this one.  It's so unique.  As is often the case with pretty backgrounds, I didn't want to cover this one up, so I went with a very simple matted sentiment from the Thankful Leaves turnabout set.

The sentiment was stamped first with Mountain Mist (in my MISTI), and then I shifted it just a bit and inked it with Versafine.  This gives it the softest little shadow that I think makes it really pop.

Super quick and easy.  I'm already thinking I should do this with some icy blues and grays to create a Christmas card with a peace sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment