Monday, October 5, 2020

Quickest Christmas Card Set Ever


Hey everyone!  Were you able to make some cards this weekend for World Cardmaking Day?  I didn't get to create too much - the girls sports schedules are ramping up, but I did find some time to stamp.

We're getting closer and closer to Christmas, and I wanted to make some easy Christmas cards.  I pulled out products from a few of my favorite companies - Altenew (inks), Ellen Hutson, and Simon Says Stamp.

These cards were created in four steps.  First, I stamped the ombre backgrounds using a long paintstroke image from Ellen Hutson's Abstract Paint Strokes stamp set.

To keep things simple, I just pulled out some of my favorite Altenew ink families and inked the paintstroke with each of the colors going from lightest to darkest.  I used a MISTI, and in between each stamping, I shifted my panel 1/2" to the right.  The color families I used were:  Green Meadows, Tropical Forest, Glacier Caves, Cherry Blossom, and Sea Shore.  The single card examples I'm showing feature the Tropical Forest ink family.

Once those panels were stamped, I added a sentiment, from Simon Says Stamp's Holiday Greetings Mix 1 set stamped with Versafine, again using a stamp positioner.

Next I stamped the snowflakes which also come with the Holiday Greetings Mix 1 set.  These again were stamped with Versafine using a stamp positioner.


I loved the graphic look of the all stamped panel, but since these are Christmas cards, I thought a little sparkle was in order, so I added a little gem to the center of each snowflake, but you can definitely skip that step.

The panels were adhered to Grout Gray card bases.

So quick and easy, you could knock out a bunch of these in one sitting, especially if you have multiple stamp positioners, which may or may not be the case at my house...

Hoping to get some more crafting done this week to enter some of the WCMD chaallenges, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Also, meant to also say that these are wonderful - simple, abstract, cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share where the grey grout paper is from? I don't recognize that color from SSS, Altenew, etc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly, it's from My Favorite Things, but I think they might have discontinued it. WPlus9 has a similar color called Dove Grey too. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. This may be a simple, easy card but it has massive impact and is such a cool idea for Christmas cards. Definitely going to try something like this for mine, thank you so much for sharing the idea, your a genius!!

    ReplyDelete