Thursday, October 22, 2020

Simple Things


The Hooray Kind of Day set from Stacey Yacula for My Favorite Things has been in my to use pile for a while, and I finally inked it up.  There are several really cute images in the set, but this little foxing pulling the wagon is my favorite.

He was stamped with Gina K Amalgam ink and then colored with Copics.  I used Warm Grays (W5, W3, W2, and W0 (I can't seem to find my W1!)) for the fox, and R37, R35, and R32 for the flowers, and G28, G24, and G20 for the leaves.  The pot was colored with E09, E15, and E11, and the wagon with E59, 57, and E55.

Once the coloring was done, I fussy cut the image.

I am a bit of a journaling card hoarder.  I have them for scrapbooking and love them, and I try and work them into my cardmaking from time to time.  This simple little peachy pink frame card from Studio Calico seemed perfect for my fox.


Next step was finding the right sentiment.  There were a few that I found, but this one from The Greetery's Simple Things set seems to perfectly balance the card as well as the image.

I couple of patterned paper mats finished things off.  

2 comments: