Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I'm Here for You



I was reminded the other day (when Sandy Allnock created this card) that I had purchased this set, Elliot & Marcel - Feeling Blue? from Purple Onion Designs a while back and hadn't yet used it.

I love this image and wanted to try creating a very dramatic one layer card.

I started by stamping the image on a panel of Neenah Solar White cardstock.  I then stamped the image on some Inkadinkadoo Masking Paper, fussy cut it, and placed it over my image.  I also used some Post It tape to create a ground line, masking off the bottom of my stamped panel.

Then I used blending brushes to ink the background.  I started by adding just a bit of yellow behind the monkey using Citrus Twist from Altenew.  For the majority of the background, I started with just Black Soot Distress Ink, but I wanted a richer, deeper  black, so I also used liberal amounts of Dusty Concord.

Once I was happy with the background, I removed the Post It tape and shifted it to cover the top portion of my card which I had just inked.  I added a second strip for good measure, and then inked the botto of the card using just the Black Soot Distress Ink using a lighter hand than for the top of the card.


Then it was time to color my image.  

I used Neutral Grays for the elephant (N1, N3, N5, and N7), and the E20s (E21, E23, E25, E27, and E29) for the monkey.  

I had not masked off the little bow on the monkey's tail since I knew the inking would be lighter there, and that was colored with R89, R24, and R22.

The sentiment is from the same set.  

I don't do one layer cards very often (mostly because I don't like to mask), but there was minimal masking required for this one, and I love the big impact you get from both the background and that large image itself.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! Super cute!!! Your coloring is Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a cool card! I love how you colored the critters and ink blended the background. :)

    ReplyDelete