Thursday, October 29, 2020

So Excited to See You!

I've been wanting this Adorable Adventures set from MFT since it came out, but I've been trying to be good, so had held off.  Last week it was marked way down as one of MFT's Blitzday Steals and I couldn't wait any longer.

I wanted to use the little girl waving figure first and also colored a couple of the bushes and the rocks to go with her.  Then I fussy cut my images.

I have all my scrapbooking supplies out still, so I picked a journaling card for my background.  This one is from Felicity Jane.  I think one of the reasons I like using journaling cards as backgrounds for my stamped/colored images so much is that it takes a lot of the work out of creating a background.  Normally I'd fuss about adding more scenery or blending, but here the journaling card does all the work for me.

The sentiment, also from the set, was stamped directly on my journaling card.  I actually cut the sentiment as it appears all in a row, but I wanted the two parts stacked over one another.  I'm always a little wary about cutting apart my stamps, but I'm becoming more open to it.

I added a few little offset mats and then adhered them to my main mat at an angle.

Hoping your week is going well!  

3 comments: