Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Oldies but Goodies , N&T Christmas Stamps and Stencils

Hi everyone!  I've been trying to be judicious in my crafty spending this year, and haven't bought many new Christmas sets.  Instead, I've been enjoying pulling out a lot of older product for my Christmas cards.  Today I used some older Neat & Tangled stamps and stencils.  

For my first card, I stamped one of the reindeer from the Oh Deer set in Gina K Amalgam ink, colored him with Copics, and then die cut.  

I cut a panel of kraft cardstock, die cut a circle to create a frame, and then spread embossing paste through the Fa La La stencil.

Once that was dry, I finished the card, by adding a snowflake print to my card base as well as a hand cut snow drift from a scrap of white cardstock.  

The reindeer was adhered on top of the snowdrift, and then the stenciled panel was popped up over top with foam tape.  I added a sentiment from Hello Bluebird's Typed Christmas set that was stamped on one of Neat & Tangled's Skinny Strips dies.

For this next card, I stamped, colored and die cut a few of the images from Neat & Tangled's Nativity Play set.  Then I went to work on the stenciled background.

I started by adding Dylusions Lemon Zest and Pure Sunshine Ink Spray to a panel of white cardstock.  Once that was dry, I spread embossing paste over the panel using the Radiating Star stencil, and set the panel aside to dry.

In the meantime, I added a bit of brown ink to a scrap of white cardstock to serve as the ground in my scene.  This was stamped with one of the sentiments from Neat & Tangled's Little Baby Jesus stamp set.  The first part of that sentiment was stamped on a white banner.

The brown frame was cut using an older My Favorite Things frame die.

Then it was just a matter of assembling everything.  The stenciled background and ground piece were adhered directly to the card base, everything else was popped up with foam tape.  

Hope you are all staying safe and healthy!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE Nativity scene. LOVE IT.ALSO, did you see that you won $30 from Altenew???

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I really like the nativity scene - fabulous colouring!

    ReplyDelete