Thursday, November 12, 2020

Mama Elephant Whimsical Winter


This Whimsical Winter set from Mama Elephant is another one I pulled out the other day.  I really love the animals and the great pine tree in this set.  I created a bunch of cards last year using this set where I watercolored the images, but this time I thought I would pull out my Copics.  

The images were stamped with black Gina K Amalgam ink.  I used my MISTI to stamp them all at once, and then colored them while catching up on my DVR.  Then I created two groupings and set out to make them into cards using the same basic formula.  


This first card features a print from Lawn Fawn's Knit Picky 6x6 pad.  I also freehand cut snowdrifts into a scrap of white cardstock which I used for the bottom of the panel.  The images were adhered to the panel and then the entire panel was adhered to a scalloped die cut piece (from my retired Scalloped dies set).  


I finished things off with an embossed sentiment from Neat & Tangled's retired Nativity Play set.


The second card uses the same basic formula, except this time I used a journaling card for my patterned paper background.  I thought this journaling card was just perfect because that middle star becomes the tree topper.  I again cut a little snowdrift piece for the bottom of the card, this allowed me to essentially extend the card just a smidge so it fit in my scalloped piece better.  

The sentiment, from Hello Bluebird's Typed Christmas set was stamped directly on my snowdrift piece.


I added a simple green mat to set the panel off, and adhered it to another scalloped die cut mat.

Two more cards for my stack, and I've been coloring other cute images to put on Christmas cards which I can hopefully share with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment