Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Jane's Doodles Road Trip


It often takes me a while to use new products when they come, but I was absolutely itching to color this adorable van from Jane's Doodles Road Trip set, and inked it up right after it arrived.

Of course it then took me a bit to put it on a card, but I am just in love with this cute image.

The van, and the luggage image, were stamped with Gina K Black Amalgam ink on Neenah Solar White cardstock and then colored with Copics.  I don't have an extensive list of all the colors I used, but for the van I used G000, G00, BG32, and BG34.  Since there are plenty of critters as well as gray parts of the van, I used all three of my gray families on different parts of the card:  Warm, Cool, and Neutral grays.  

Once the images were colored, I fussy cut them.  I did want to cut out that thin sliver between the top of the van and the rack, so before fussy cutting, I used a craft knife to remove that white space.

I did some simple masking/ink blending to create the ground line and add a bit of blue to the top portion of the card using Pure Graphite and Sea Breeze inks from Altenew along with some blending brushes.


The images were adhered directly to my card panel.  The sentiment is also from the set.

I just love this image, it's one that really fills up your card front and doesn't require you to do too much other thinking.

I also love it because I'm desperately hoping that we'll be able to take a real vacation this summer!

We're on spring break this week and staying home, but having some fun local adventures with the kids.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment