Thursday, March 25, 2021

SSS All the Feels Release

Have you guys seen the new All the Feels release from Simon Says Stamp?  Today I'm sharing a cute mini slimline card featuring the Mini Slimline Windows die from the release.

This is a really versatile die which cuts three windows, each of which has a sentiment in it.  Note that it just cuts the windows themselves, but doesn't cut a frame.

You can use the die cut pieces together as I have, but they can also be used on their own

I thought it would be fun to create a comic strip type card.

I started by die cutting a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock, being sure to save all of my letters.  

The images were then stamped on the little sections.  I used the Magical Friends set from My Favorite Things.  I was looking for a set with really cute figures that were on the smaller side and this was just right.

In the top and middle sections, the space was a little tighter, so the image bleeds onto one of the letters, no big deal if that happens.  The images were then colored with Copics, where the image went onto the letters, I just popped that letter into the die cut piece and colored it along with the rest of the image.

I didn't want to leave the background white, so it was colored with Copics as well.  Also colored were the letters themselves.  I had originally planned to use cardstock for those, but since the images went onto some of the letters, they woudn't all have matched, so I used N9 to color themto a nice dark gray.

To create the frame, I die cut the frame from the center of a dark gray piece of cardstock 3" x 6".  This was then popped up over my three colored pieces with foam tape.

That's all I've got today, but be sure to head over to Simon Says Stamp to check out the full release!

2 comments:

  1. Miriam, this is the cutest card!! I love how you showcased that die - it's definitely on my wishlist!!

    ReplyDelete