Tuesday, March 2, 2021

SSS Geometric Builder Squares, Take 3

Hey all!  I have several more posts this week featuring these Geometric Builder Square dies.

Today's cards use the square that cuts four triangles.  Instead of using them all together to create a square, I thought it would be fun to use them to create a pattern on my cardstock, leaving some white space as part of the design.  

I chose five different pieces of colored cardstock from my scrap bin, cutting the die out several times from each color.

For this first card I created a pinwheel design.  There was no specific color pattern I was using, I just adhered my triangles randomly, trying to maintain a balance of colors.  

The finished piece was adhered directly to my card base.  I did trim the card base down just slightly  as my panel is just under 4 1/4".  

The sentiment die is from Concord and 9th's Yay die set and was cut from the dark teal cardstock and backed which white.

For the second card, my triangles were adhered to create a box design, where the die cut piece is the top half of the box and the white space is the bottom.  Again, no particular order to the colors for this.

The card was put together similarly, adhered to my card base which was trimmed down slightly.

The sentiment die is from that same Concord and 9th set.  It's four layers, three white and one of that dark teal cardstock.  

Super clean and simple, but I love the fun, graphic/modern look.

See you back here tomorrow for some more geometric fun!

1 comment: