Tuesday, June 29, 2021

C9 (mostly) One-Layer On the Diagonal Turnabout Cards

Hi everyone!  Hope you are all well!  Today I have a slew of cards to share created using my newest Concord and 9th Turnabout purchase, the On the Diagonal Turnabout.  I love turnabouts in general, and this one has been on my wishlist for a while.  I was able to pick it up during C9's warehouse moving sale.  

Turnabouts come in all different difficulty levels.  Some are a more all over pattern with elements that don't line up precisely so there's a little more forgiveness in the stamping.  Full disclosure, this is definitely one of the more challenging ones.  I had to line it up several times, and I still think it's not quite perfectly centered, but good enough.

When I work with turnabouts it's always a little bit of a struggle to finish the cards because I never want to cover up my beautiful backgrounds.  For these cards, I paired the bold backgrounds with equally bold sentiments.  

This first card is pretty straightforward.  The turnabout was stamped with Sea Glass, Sea Breeze, Mountain Mist, and Volcano Lake inks from Altenew.  (All the colored inks used in today's cards are from Altenew.)  The panel was trimmed down, and I added one of my all time favorite sentiments from Neat & Tangled which was stamped with Versafine, so quick and easy!

This next pair of cards was stamped with Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon, Maple Yellow, and Honey Drizzle.

I stamped one panel in it's entirety, and for the second panel, I masked off the center to create a focal point.

The sentiment for these cards, and actually all the remaining cards are from C9's Painted Sayings set and were again stamped with Versafine.


I really like that the Painted Sayings set contains both really large sentiments as well as some smaller ones that can work together with the large ones or be used all on their own.


Finally, I created a couple of panels using Butternut, Sicilian Amber, Cloudy Sky, and Desert Night.

Again I created the basic panel, as well as a second panel with a twist.  This time I used post it notes to mask off the center of the design on the second panel.  After the initial stamping of each color, I removed the mask and stamped again, so I got a second generation inking in the center of the design.  I wanted the center to be lighter so that the sentiment wouldn't get lost.


You'll see that the second generation has a bit more texture to it.  Next time I think I'll try with pigment inks to see if I can get a more even stamping.

For the final card, I used one of the smaller sentiments from the Painted Sayings set, stamping it on a square die cut and then popping that up over the center of my panel.

I really love this turnabout and the bold designs you can create with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment