Wednesday, June 16, 2021

SSS Sea and Sky Background


I am ready for summer!  This is the last week of school for my girls, so I thought it was fitting to create some summery beachy cards.  This Sea and Sky Background was my absolute favorite new product from Simon Says Stamps' recent Rainbows release.  I just love how easy it is to create this gorgeous landscape, and I love that the scene can be both graphic and soft.


For this first card I went pretty basic.  I started by stamping the sky using Altenew Sea Glass ink.  Once I had stamped that layer, I cleaned it off, nested the wave piece into it, and then removed the sky piece.  The waves were stamped with Altenew Dusk ink.  

Again, I cleaned that stamp off, nested the sand pice into it, and then removed the wave piece.  The sand was stamped with MFT Kraft Hybrid ink.


Once my landscape was stamped, I trimmed the image down to create my card panel. I added a bit of color to the waves using B00 and B02 Copics, and a sentiment from The Greetery's Destination Summer set.


For my second card, I wanted to add some texture/sparkle.  I again started by stamping the sky, again using Sea Glass ink.  I cleaned the stamp off, applied Versamark, stamped again, and then embossed using Ranger Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder.

Instead of stamping the water next, I actually nested both the water and the sand pieces to my stamping platform, and then removed the sky and water pieces.  

The sand was stamped with Versamark and the embossed using Hero Arts Sand embossing powder.

Then I added the water back in and stamped it with Sea Glass ink.  I just wanted a hint of the water so that I could line up the masks that I created by stamping the water image on a piece of printer paper and fussy cutting.  

I used a blending brush to add Sea Glass, the Ocean Waves, and then a bit of Dusk ink to the water.

After using my heat gun to dry/set the ink, I then  stamped the water image with Versafine and then embossed with WOW! Pacific Wave embossing glitter. 


The sentiment is from an old My Monthly Hero kit and was embossed with that Sand embossing powder also.  I actually stamped and embossed twice to make sure it stood out since it's partially stamped on top of that antiquities embossing powder.  Isn't all that sparkly pretty?

The entire piece was then popped with foam tape over my card base.

That's all for me today.  The girls and I are heading out for a girls week/vacation with my mom and older sister next week and I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment