Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Greetery Goodness


I love The Greetery products, and have a number of sets that I've gotten over the last year that I have just not gotten around to using.  This weekend I decided I really needed to get my act together!

Today I have a couple cards using several Greetery products.  I thought it would be fun to make a version using both kraft and white cardstock.  They aren't exactly the same, but in terms of stamping and die cutting, I was able to make all the pieces at the same time, and then added some variation when it came to assembly.

I started off by stamping and die cutting my watering cans from the Sprinkled with Kindness set.  All the colored inks I used for today's cards are Altenew, and for the cans I used Misty Morning, Cloudy Sky, and Nimbus.  I really love this watering can.  I actually also have The Greetery's Just Mason Around set which is similar, but a mason jar.  The realist in me has a hard time using that set because I always feel like the stems of the flowers should show in it, and I've not figured out a great easy way to make that happen when using die cuts.  This watering can serves the same purpose as the mason jar, but I don't have the inner conflict that it should be see through.  


Next up, I stamped and die cut the florals from the Budding Beauties Spring set.  I stamped and die cut two of each of the different florals on both kraft and white cardstock.  For the tulips, I used Bamboo and Olive for the greens and Citrus Burst and Maple Yellow for the blooms.  I decided I wanted a little more contrast, so I switched from Maple Yellow to Honey Drizzle on my second stamping on the white and for the kraft images also.

For the Cherry Blossoms, I used Dark Chocolate for the branch, Rouge and Velvet for the buds, and Parrot for the leaves.

For the Baby's breath, I used Mountain Pine for the stems, and for the stamping on white I used Sea Glass, while for the stamping on kraft I used white pigment ink.

To add a little texture and contrast to the background, I die cut the Square Dance die from both white and kraft cardstock adhering it to my card bases for a tone on tone affect.


Then it was time to create my floral arrangements.  I used a kraft knife on the white card to create a slit where the opening of the watering can was and tucked the yellow tulips in first, then I 'built' the rest of the flower arrangement around that.  

The complete piece was adhered directly to the card base.  The sentiment is from a retired Neat & Tangled set and was popped up with foam tape.


For the kraft card, I started by threading one of the cherry blossom pieces through the handle opening, and, just as in the last card, built the rest of the arrangement around that piece.  The completed piece was again adhered directly to my card base.

This time I used a sentiment from an older Hero Arts set.  I added a bit of soft inking to the little pennant it was stamped on for some contrast and popped it up.


I am not a very good stamper, and in the old days would never have contemplated purchasing these multi-step stamps, but using a stamping platform really is a game change.  Sometimes, even with a stamping platform it's hard to line things up, but I found these images really easy to work with.  

Curious if you are more a fan of the kraft, or the white?

1 comment: