Thursday, January 18, 2024

SSS Sweetheart, Hello There Animals and Heart Banners

 *This post contains affilaite links to Simon Says Stamp.


Happy Thursday!  I've got a couple cards to share today mixing some of my favorite new products from the Sweetheart release: Hello There Animals and Heart Banners.

Same basic formula for these card, just mixed up the orientation and sentiments.

I started by inking the backgrounds using the Heart Banners stencils.  It's a set of four stencils that creates a variegated heart background.  For the pink background, I used Bubblegum, Sweets, Amethyst, and Lilac.  


For the blue background, I used Cadette, Marine, Seafoam, and Ocean.


I trimmed these down, horizontally for the pink, and vertically for the blue and then set them aside.

Next, I stamped the bunny and dog from Hello There Animals on some Neenah Solar White cardstock, along with their accessories, and colored them with Copics.  I used E20s for the puppy and very light Warm Grays for the bunny.  I actually extended the right side of the bunny just a bit because I wanted to tilt her head a little, so I used a black fine line marker to bring the side of her face down a little further and colored in accordingly.


The critters and their accessories were fussy cut and then arranged on my panels to help me figure out sentiment placement.


The sentiments are also from the Hello There Animalss set and stamped with Versa Claire black ink directly onto my stenciled background, while the critters were popped up with foam tape.

These little guys are so much fun, and I love how quickly the Heart Banners background comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment