Monday, September 2, 2024

STAMPtember Blog Party

 *This post contains affilaite links to Simon Says Stamp.


Happy Monday!  Today I'm participating in a blog party with a whole lot of other folks in the crafting community celebrating the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember release.  At each stop there are some fun party prizes to be collected, below is mine.


OK, let's talk about today's cards, today I'm showing off my new Spiky Leaves dies.  These Spiky Leaves are so delicate that I thought they would be really pretty in vellum.  I cut a bunch of the pieces from vellum, and created three different flowers, arranging them over a panel of dark blue cardstock.  The adhesive situation is always a little bit tricky with vellum.  To create the flowers themselves, I used Tombow Mono liquid adhesive in just the center areas so the layering kind of masks it.  To adhere the flowers to the cardstock itself, I used Tombow tape runner which has a blue tint, but works here because the background was blue.  I didn't adhered the entire flower down, just enough to hold it in place.


The sentiment is from my Plant Sentiments set and was white embossed on a strip of navy cardstock.  I added a vellum mat, and popped the piece up with foam tape.


For this next card, I die cut the flower pieces from three different cardstock colors, and then mixed and matched to create another set of three flowers.  For this card I really wanted to vary the size of the flowers to show you how different they can look.  

These were arranged on a panel of Natural White cardstock.  I again chose a sentiment from the Plant Sentiments set which was white embossed on a black strip and popped up.


A few orange sequins finished things off.


For my last card, the piece were cut from white cardstock and then inked with a blending brush.

I used Taffy, Sweets, Raindrop, and Mist for the petals.  For the stem and leaves, I used Cappuccino.

I added a bit of stenciling in the top left and bottom right corners of my card panel using the Geo Leaves stencil and Cappuccino ink.  The flower was then adhered to the panel.


For the sentiment, I inked a piece of cardstock with Taffy, and die cut Lovely from it.  These pieces were then adhered to the shadow piece cut from white cardstock.  The secondary sentiments, from the Lovely stamp set, were stamped directly onto the panel, and the die cut sentiment was popped up with foam tape.

That's all for me today.  Be sure to head over to the Simon blog to check out the rest of the folks participating in the party.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Miriam. I really like the vellum flowers they look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice variety of cards using the same die set. My favorite is the vellum one. So creative and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Love the vellum and thanks for the glue tips. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vellum one has such a cool flow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this flower in vellum! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unusual flower die but is makes great cards. Good job.

    ReplyDelete