Wednesday, September 30, 2026

STAMPtember, Candle Cover

 *This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.


Can you believe that it's the last day of STAMPtember? I've got just a couple more cards to share with you today featuring my Candle Cover from the STAMPtember release.

I love inlay, but was feeling a little lazy, so I'm sharing a quick 'cheat' to get a really gorgeous inlay look with minimal die cutting. I started by die cutting a piece of black cardstock, this was used for my 'webbing'.

Next, I die cut a panel of white cardstock. This is one of those cover plates where the pieces pretty much stay together when removed from the die, so as soon as I pulled it off the plate, I smoothed a piece of Press N' Seal across the back of the panel to hold it all in place. 


With everything stuck down, I then inked up the design using a variety of colors: Butter, Citrine, Mandarin, Cherry, Taffy, and Iris.

The ink blended pieces were then inlaid into my black webbing, and adhered to my card base. A Reverse Sentiment Strip was popped up for my sentiment.

I used the same basic technique for this next card, but instead of a white cardstock panel, die cut a watercolor panel.


After sticking the die cut panel to a piece of Press N' Seal, I then watercolored the image. Once it was dry, the pieces were inlaid into the black webbing.


I again used a Reverse Sentinent Strip to finish the card.

That's all for me today. Happy last day of STAMPtember!

No comments:

Post a Comment