Saturday, October 10, 2020

Pinkfresh WCMD Monochromatic and Sympathy Challenge Card

Hi friends!  Popping in quickly to share another card for the Pinkfresh Studio WCMD challenges, this one fits both the monochromatic and sympanthy challenges.

Sympathy cards are always hard to make, I tend towards simpler cards for them, and so I was looking for a patterned paper that would do most of my work for me.

Enter this gorgeous print from the Indigo Hills 2 paper pad.  I trimmed it down to create my main panel, and selected a couple other prints from the pad for mats.  

Before adhering my papers together, I wanted to personalize the print a bit, so I used journaling pens to add some details to the greenery images.  I used an 03 pen for the plum colored leaves and an 01 pen for the gray leaves.

The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Clean Line Faith set, and it was stamped on a scrap piece from of the prints I used for a mat which was backed by a scrap of the print I used for the front of the card.

I knew the sentiment piece would cover up the top leaf of my patterned paper, so to create a little dimension, I used a craft knife to cut out the top of the leaf so I could slide the sentiment piece beneath it.

I added a bit of thread behind the sentiment for some extra texture and interest, and then assembled the card.

The paper is really the star of the show here.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment