Wednesday, November 11, 2020

PTI Sending Joy


We've officially reached the time of year where I start to panic because my Christmas card stash is not where it needs to be.  This means that I'll be sharing a lot of Christmas cards in the near future, and that whenever possible, I'll be trying to make multiples.

Today's cards feature Papertrey Ink's Sending Joy set.  Incidentally, this is currently on sale at PTI.  The set is perfect for quick, easy, one layer cards.  

I started by creating a 'master card' using kraft cardstock.  The gingham borders were stamped at the top and bottom of my kraft panel with Altenew Ruby Red ink and a stamp platform.  I knew I was going to make multiples, so I left the stamp in place.


Using a second stamp platform, I placed the small evergreen sprig, estimating where I wanted it to be based on the size of the joy sentiment.  This was stamped with Altenew Evergreen ink.  I then rotated the panel 180 degrees and stamped the small sprig again.

This step was repeated for both the large sprig and the trio of berries (also stamped with Ruby Red ink), so I got a mirror image of the cluster on both sides of my card.

Once that was done, I stamped the joy with Versafine and embossed it using Ranger Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder.  

I really liked how the panel turned out, but wanted a bit of variation, so I pulled a couple of really subtle prints, and used the same layout to create two more cards.


For the second card, the gingham strip was stamped with Altenew Evening Gray ink, the rest of the inks remained the same.  I used that initial/master panel to place my elements when stamping the central portion of the card.  This saves you a bit of time and you don't have to be super precise, you can see that for this card my sprig ends don't touch as they did in the initial card.

This last card uses another print, a little bit busier, but still pretty subtle.  I went back to the Ruby Red for the gingham because I thought that would stand out better against the busier print.


These were super quick and easy to create and you can definitely mass produce them if you have all your panels ready to go at once.  They are nice and flat for mailing too!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you used the same basic design then pumped it up on some of your cards. Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete