Friday, January 15, 2021

SSS Love You, Too Magnolia Cottage

Hi all, today I'm sharing a card using the Magnolia Cottage set from Simon Says Stamp's new Love You, Too release.

This is a really cute set where you can create a little cottage from the jug that holds the magnolias.  That's actually what I was planning to do, but then I got totally sidetracked by those pretty magnolias and decided to do a 'cute' card another time and just make a 'pretty' card today.

I started by stamping all my images with Gina K Black Amalgam ink and then coloring them with Copics.  I used G21, G24, G28, and G29 for the greens; R00 and R000 for the flower petals;  YR30, Y28, and E23 for the flower centers; and W0, W1, and W3 for the jug.

After coloring the images, I fussy cut them, and then worked on arranging them in my jug.  Once I was happy with the arrangement, I snapped a photo for reference.  This makes it so much easier to recreate where everything went

I used a scrap of natural cardstock to ground the jug and adhered all the pieces in place.  I'm not super careful about getting adhesive on every inch of my pieces because I like the dimension that you get when the tip of a petal or leaf sticks up a bit.


I added a simple patterned paper mat and a sentiment from the set to finish things off.

Just loving how delicate and sweet these flowers are.  Be sure to check out the rest of the release over at Simon Says Stamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment