Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Greetery Mimosa Musings

I picked up this Mimosa Musings set back during the Greetery's Black Friday sale, and am finally getting around to using it.  I just love these unique flowers, so different.  I like that they work as a focal point, but because of their size can also be used to fill out other floral arrangements.

I wanted to create a simple stamped panel for my cards.  I used the MISTI to create these, so I could try a couple different color schemes.  Because I was stamping on kraft and I wanted that lighter layer of color to really show up, I stamped the initial flower layer first with white pigment ink and then with the lighter shade of dye ink.  

I used Altenew inks for the colors - Misty Morning and Dark Night for the blue card and Wisteria and Andromeda for the lavendar card.  I used Evergreen ink for the leaves on both cards.

The large spray of flowers was used first to frame two corners of the card, and then I used the smallest spray on the inside to frame out the center of the card where the sentiment would be.

The sentiments are from my old Foliage Frame set for Neat & Tangled and were stamped with Versafine.

Originally I was going to just have these be one layer cards, but I wanted a bit of accent/defiition/texture, so I trimmed down the long ends just a hair and added stitching along those borders.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing pair of cards! I love those unique flowers also! What a cool black Friday buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love them!! I wish that I had known about the sale, I would have bought that stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete