Tuesday, February 23, 2021

SSS Geometric Builder Squares, Take 2


Hi all!  I'm back with a couple more cards featuring Simon Says Stamp's Geometric Builder Squares dies.  Today, I'm focusing on the square that has three layers and cuts diagonally creating six different pieces.  Like in my last post, I thought I would show off this die two ways, one bold and geometric, and another homespun quilted look.

For the geometric card I'm using some of the same cardstock colors from my last post (when I die cut the cardstock for my card on the previous post, I actually die cut several of the different square configurations, so you're likely to see these colors again). I chose three shades of green and three of blue, and arranged them light to dark as you approach the center of the square.  I did use the solid square from the set to cut bases which were used to assemble the finished squares.


Then I played around with the configuration of the squares.  There are so many different looks you can get, but I really like how this arrangement focuses your eye on the center of the card.

My card size is a modified slimline - 3 1/2" x 6 1/2".  


The die cut squares were adhered to a scrap of cardstock, and then I popped that finished piece up with foam tape.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's Just Miss You stamp set, I trimmed the ends down to match the angle of the die cut pieces and adhered it directly to the card.

This second uses the same die, but with a very different feel.  I chose six patterned papers from an old BasicGrey 6" x 6" pad.  

Once I had my square piece assembled, the squares were  adhered to a scrap piece of cardstock.  

I then pulled out my sewing machine and stitched around the edge of each of the squares.  The entire piece was then popped up over my card base with foam tape.


To finish the card off, I stamped a sentiment from Concord and 9th's Stitched Turnabout on a piece of white cardstock.  I backed that wish a bit of patterned paper and then stitched around the sentiment piece.  This sentiment piece was then popped up with foam tape (I tend to like using foam tape when I do a lot of stitching because it's easy to tuck all those thread ends under the foam).

That's all for today, but this isn't the last you've seen of these dies!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect use for those 6"x 6" paper pads we all have. I love everything you have done with this set (and the round ones too). Very inspirational - thanks!

    ReplyDelete