Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Concord and 9th Painted Dots Turnabout


I had some time last week to do a bit of stamping, and pulled out the Painted Dots Turnabout from Concord and 9th.  I'm a big fan of Turnabout stamps.  They are so much fun to work with.  I could make these backgrounds all day.  Honestly, turning them into actual cards is harder work for me than making the backgrounds.  It's just fun to see them come to life and to come up with the color combinations.

This particular turnabout is especially versatile because it has two parts, a middle and outer ring, so you can get three different looks: just the center, the frame, and then the entire pattern.  Here you can see how I created a card in each style using the Sea Shore family of inks from Altenew.

To finish off the card with just the outer ring stamped I used the Yay dies from Concord and 9th as well as a secondary sentiment from the Triple-Step Hooray stamp set.  That was stamped, fussy cut and popped up with foam tape. 


For the card where I stamped just the center piece of the turnabout I simply embossed a sentiment (from Neat & Tangled's Lovely Lotus set) on a strip of black cardstock and popped it up.


The sentiment for the allover pattern is from Paper Smooches Inhale Exhale set.  It was backed with a cardstock mat and popped up with foam tape.  All in all, very quick and easy finishes for these cards.

For the remaining cards, I used some different color combinations.


I made a second card with just the outer ring with Altenew's Firefly, Shadow Creek, Tide Blue, and Starlight inks.  To finish it off, I die cut a circle of lime green cardstock and stamped a large sentiment (Neat & Tangled's Hello You set) in Starlight, popping it up with foam tape.

Then I chose some very bright springy colors from Altenew, Maple Yellow, Orange Cream, Bamboo, and Olive, stamping both parts of the turnabout with it.  I used three of those same colors (minus the yellow) to stamp the Triple-Step Hooray as well as the secondary sentiment.  Some dark green mats were added to finish things off.

Finally, I went with a more unexpected color combination, using Cloudy Sky, Nimbus, Pumpkin Pie, and Cosmic Berry, also from Altenew, to create my final panel.  This one was trimmed so that the center was off set.


I die cut a gold cardstock circle for my sentiment, from Concord and 9th's Pretty Poppy set,  It was first stamped on my turnabout panel with Versafine, and then on the gold circle.  The circle is slightly smaller than the entire sentiment, so stamping it on the panel gives an unbroken look.  The circle was popped up for a bit of dimension.

As I said at the beginning of the post, I honestly spent more time picking out sentiments and finishing these cards than I did creating the backgrounds themselves.  And this particular design is so versatile and timeless it can really be used for any type of card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment