Thursday, March 4, 2021

SSS Geometric Builder Squares, Take 5

I have one last post to share using the Geometric Builder Square dies today.  

I was looking at my pile of unused pieces and decided I need to put them to use.

Both of the cards use pieces from the die where there are three layers to the square which cuts each layer in half diagonally.  

This first card uses the outermost pieces.  I arranged them onto a scrap piece of paper in a chevron/herringbone style butting the points up against one another in two rows, one going in direction and the other in the opposite direction.  Their ends then dovetail together.  

This was the perfect background piece for one of my favorite retired dies from Simon Says Stamp, this smile journaling card die which was cut from white cardstock and popped up over my panel.  I also added a bit of patterned paper to my card base to soften things a bit.

The second card uses the middle and center layers of the die.  For these, instead of putting the pieces together the way the die cuts them, I essentially turned then inside out, so that the points go inward.  

I created two different color combinations of square tiles using my leftover pieces and then alternated them.

The sentiment is from Altenew's Leaf Canopy set.

These are the last of my Geometric Builder Square cards, for now.  Hope that you enjoyed this series.  I'm sure that I will have these dies out again in the future!

1 comment: