Friday, July 24, 2026

SSS Every Happiness Releas Blog Hop

*This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.


Happy Friday! I'm hopping along with Simon Says Stamp today celebrating the new Every Happiness release. You should be arriving here from Lisa Addesa's blog. As usual, Simon is giving away a $25 store credit at each stop along the hop. All you need to do to be entered to win is  leave a comment. In addition, all purchases from the Every Happiness collection this weekend will receive the above pictured stamp set free! 

Today I'm showing off my new Desert Horizon cover plate. I'm sharing four ways to use, or 'color' this landscape.

First up, coloring with cardstock.


This is the traditional way, if you will. I simply die cut the cover plate using various colors of cardstock to create my landscape. The pieces layer together very easily, and no super tiny pieces.


I chose a sentiment from my new Positive Thoughts set which was stamped on cardstock using Versa Clair black ink, die cut using the coordinating dies, and popped up with foam tape.

Next up, inking.


This time, I cut the cover just once, from white cardstock, and then used my Pawsitively Saturated inks and Blending Brushes to color each of the pieces. I used Morning, Dusk, Latte, Cappuccino, and Butter.


The sentiment is also from the Positive Thoughts set.

Next, we have watercoloring.


This time I started by dry embossing the coverplate onto a panel of watercolor cardstock. I used those lines as a guide for some very loose watercoloring. You really don't need to be precise at all for this.

Once I was happy with the panel and it had dried, I replaced the plate and die cut. To emphasie the pieces, I added inking to the edges using Distress Inks and a Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blender.


The pieces were then reassembled. I trimmed the panel down slightly and popped it up with foam tape. A reverse sentiment strip finished things off.

Finally, coloring with Copics.

Once again, I die cut a panel of white cardstock, but this time I added color using Copics. I love how vibrant this one is.


The sentiment is from my Chill Vibes set It was gold embossed on black cardstock and popped up.

Would love to know which method was your favorite! Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win the prize here. Your next stop is Jean Doeringsfeld, and I have the full hop list below if you need it. Enjoy the rest of the hop!

Simon Says Stamp Blog
Heather Hoffman
Barbara Tarayao
Laura Bassen
Amy Rysavy
Tina Smith
Nicky Meek
Heather Ruwe
Lisa Addesa
Miriam Prantner
Jean Doeringsfeld
Barb Engler
Laura Williams
Christine Okken

47 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! Hard to pick, but I think the paper pieced one is my favorite! However the inked one is running a VERY close second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go !!! You took one product and showed us how to get more bang for our crafting buck by changing up the way it was used. You pieced paper, ink blended, water colored and colored the pieces using Copic markers and got 4 totally different looks. I especially love the free & looser look that you achieved with Water Coloring but that also might have somewhat been the colors because I was equally drawn to the ink blended panel also using some cool blues. Lovely cards & so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing different colors and techniques. Great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You pulled out all the color schemes for beautiful scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This die looks SO cool...love your cards! SO many different ways to make it look completely different just by changing color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty the scenery is! I can't wait to go on vacation EVEN MORE now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what gorgeous scenes you made!!! So incredible

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Lovely cards! Think I'd probably end up doing ink blending, but the copic-colored is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! The scenes/backgrounds you made are amazing! Your designs are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are beautiful. And just what I need- a trip to the ocean without leaving my desk. I closed my eyes and could hear the strong waves crashing on the shore. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each scene is so beautiful and relaxing--something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your use of color makes the scenery feel so realistic. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing how different each of these panels is by using different mediums and color palettes. Thank you for giving us so many ideas on making this die to suit our needs. I think my favorite is the paper pieced one, but all are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I probably like the ink blended card the best, but it's so hard to choose! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I probably like the ink blended card the best, but it's hard to choose since I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this die and all of the different looks you created with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the ways you used the cover plate. The first card is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the watercolour one best. It's tranquil and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I would have never been able to see how to get all of those looks by changing the colors! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards. I love all of the dimension and texture. That is a cool die I will have to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are always so lovely and modern! Wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful scene, thanks for sharing these four coloring techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very creative variety of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love scenic cards and you really mixed it up with all your color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous cards! Love the design and each of the scenes you created! Lots of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are beautiful! Each so unique (and so much work)!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards! Love how just changing the colors changes the mood entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love these. Thanks for sharing so many color options.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for sharing. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Miriam, thank you for offering us so many different versions and ways to use this set. So much versatility from one cover die!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's funny how colors can change the look of the landscape. It can be the sea, the mountains, the desert.....the sky's the limit. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are amazing cards, Miriam! I can't possibly choose my favorite! This seems like a very versatile die.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful cards. I love the different colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, these are all amazing, love the different colour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love all the color ideas for this die cut! So many different looks to create!

    ReplyDelete
  36. They are all gorgeous!
    Beautiful color combinations.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a very cool die and I love the variety of cards you made!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All beautiful cards. My favorite is the one with the copic coloring. So brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful cards! Love the copic colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning cards! Makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete